Enter the world of cybersecurity with one of the most engaging and authoritative voices on this subject - Theresa Payton, former White House Chief Information Officer and current President and Chief Executive Officer of Fortalice Solutions. Theresa lives and breathes cybersecurity, assisting companies in identifying their vulnerabilities and mitigating the risk of attack across several fronts. Stay ahead of the game and hear Theresa’s predictions of what’s around the cyber corner in 2022.
In this not to be missed session, Theresa Payton, former White House Chief Information Officer and current President and Chief Executive Officer of Fortalice Solutions, will be joined by Nathan Lynch, Thomson Reuters’ Financial Crime Specialist, Asia and Emerging Markets to delve into a broad range of critical and emerging cybercrime threats. The rise of digital innovation has accelerated over the past 18 months, powered by the COVID-19 online pivot and rapid transition to remote or hybrid working. This has led to a transformation in many businesses and the subsequent re-imagining of working life, with a range of benefits and pitfalls for the unwary. The new world of work has created an array of vulnerabilities for opportunistic criminals, including ransomware syndicates, fraudsters and intellectual property thieves which can have devastating effects on business – both from a financial and reputational perspective.
During this fireside chat, Theresa will reveal her cybercrime predictions for 2022 along with essential strategies that businesses can implement to protect themselves against future attacks. Theresa will draw from a range of fascinating “war stories”, from her time as the first female Chief Information Officer at the White House through to her work on the frontline of today’s cutting-edge cyberwarfare.
Areas of discussion
- Top cybercrime predictions for 2022, including how the move to “contactless everything” will create a new set of vulnerabilities not yet encountered in digital behaviours
- Navigating the “infodemic” – how to prepare for misinformation and disinformation attacks.
- The top three strategies to protect against malware attacks
- How decoy IP can be deployed as the first line of defense in protecting a company’s IP
- The role of workforce diversity in tackling serious cybercrime threats – it's not always the most obvious players who are solving the biggest challenges
- Important strategies and obligations organisations must consider before embarking on digital transformation
Who should attend this session:
Every business leader who cares about the cybersecurity of their organisation or that of their clients.
Financial Crime Specialist
Asia & Emerging Markets
President & Chief Executive Officer
Fortalice Solutions and former White House CIO
North Carolina, USA
Note: Speakers and agenda subject to change