Ambitious businesses grow by tapping into global markets. While doing business overseas can be very rewarding, it presents significant legal risks that need to be managed. In particular: how, and where, will any disputes with your foreign counterpart be handled? Whose law will govern your relationship? And if there is a dispute, do you have a realistic chance of enforcing any judgment awarded?
Join us for an interactive webinar where we discuss:
- An overview of international dispute resolution options and framework in the Asia Pacific region, in particular, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
- How to prepare effective dispute resolution clauses.
- Comparing litigation and arbitration:
- Similarities and differences in procedures and technical aspects such as third party funding and interim measures.
- Pros and cons such as finality, appealability, and costs.
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral decisions.
- A case study of a business selling into a foreign market: evaluating different dispute resolution options available.
A complimentary dispute resolution toolkit curated by Practical Law's subject matter experts will be shared with webinar attendees, highlighting relevant Asia Pacific resources available on Practical Law's site.
Register for our complimentary webinar to gain expert insights on how to manage cross-border disputes across Asia Pacific today!